- Are continuing education credits offered?
- Do I need special software to access the webinars?
- How to setup Blackboard Collaborate
- How to setup AT&T Connect
- How to play Windows Media Files or other portable media files
- Can I add a Webinar?
- How do I suggest a Webinar?
- What browsers do the portal support?
Continuing education credits are available from professional accrediting organizations such as SAF, CCA and ISA for most live webinars and most archived webinars up to one year after their live broadcast. More specific information on the type of continuing education credit and how many credits will be awarded is provided with each webinar.
To obtain credit you must provide the requested contact information, participate in the complete webinar, and complete the survey and quiz (when required). If you meet the criteria to receive continuing education credits, your certificate will be emailed to you after participating in the webinar.
The webinars on this site use Blackboard Collaborate, AT&T Connect, portable media files, Windows Media Files and other webinar hosting platforms. Information on setting up your computer for these webinar hosting platforms can be found below:
- Blackboard Collaborate:
- AT&T Connect:
- For 'how-to' instructions on using AT&T Connect Participant Application, click here. You will find instructions on how to install the AT&T Connect Participant Application for both Windows PC's and Mac's.
- Windows Media File or other portable media file formatted file:
- If this webinar is a standard portable media file format such as (.mp4, .avi, .mov, .flv) or a Microsoft Windows Media File (.wmv), you will need to have the Windows Media Player, Apple Quick Time Player, Real Player or other media player installed on your computer to view/play the webinar file. Depending on your internet browser, you may need to install a media player plug-in for your browser.
First Time Webinar Participants (read this)
Before connecting to Blackboard Collaborate for the first time, make sure to complete the Configuration setup. You MUST do this at least 72 hours ahead of time. Please use the same location and equipment that you will use when you attend the actual Blackboard Collaborate session(s) to complete the following steps:
- Go to http://go.ncsu.edu/configuration.
- Make sure Step 1 shows two checks. If you do not see a check, follow the instructions to obtain the latest version of Java.
- Enter the Configuration Room as outlined in Step 2. Follow the directions in the Configuration Room to test your audio setup, set your connection speed, and set up your profile.
If you have any problems configuring Blackboard Collaborate, call 877-382-2293 (select Blackboard Collaborate web conferencing version 11). Blackboard Collaborate support is available 24 hours day, 7 days a week.
How to set up AT&T Connect?
For 'how-to' instructions on using AT&T Connect Participant Application, click here. You will find instructions on how to install the AT&T Connect Participant Application for both Windows PC's and Mac's.
Yes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you know of a webinar that suits the needs of our audiences. These webinars are designed to be educational in nature and are not designed to be commercial in nature. This site is actually offered to the forestry, conservation and natural resources communities as a portal. We provide an opportunity to assist other organizations with the marketing of their webinars as well as an opportunity to develop webinars produced from Southern Regional Extension Forestry participating institutions. Webinars developed and/or promoted by this website are designed to be educational in nature and do not promote any specific company or product.
Please contact Bill Hubbard at email@example.com or (706) 542-7813 for any suggestions.
The Portal was developed for the major web browsers on the PC and Apple computers. We currently support Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and Safari on the PC and Apple laptops and desktops. The webinar hosting software such as Blackboard Collaborate and AT&T Connect are 3rd party software products and may have other browser and computer support restrictions or enhancements.