Timber Tax Update - Part I
Click on the graph below or click here for a detailed Green Savings analysis of this webinar.
Feb 27, 2009 12:00 pm US/Eastern
Length: 01:00 (hh:mm)
- Linda Wang
- None have been applied for or approved at this time.
This tax session highlights key timber tax issues faced by private landowners in time for the 2009 filing season. It is intended to provide a snapshot and basic understanding of the timber tax matters in a concise manner for forest and natural resource agency staff, directors, extension agents and program leaders, and foresters.
This fundamental tax primer will cover:
- Key tax terminology
- Tree planting/Reforestation
- Timber casualty loss caused by fire and storms
- Timber sale income and expenses reporting
- Tax incentives update from the 2008 Farm Bill (passed on May 2008)
- Land conservation
- Wood biomass energy production
- IRS proposed new regulation
Your questions will be answered during the webinar.
Dr. Linda Wang serves as a national timber tax specialist with the Cooperative Forestry, State and Private Forestry of the USDA Forest Service in Washington D.C. She provides educations and training on income and estate tax to private family forestland owners, loggers, foresters, and CPAs.
Who Should Attend:
Federal and State forest agency program leaders, staff, foresters, and forest extension agents
- ForestTaxWebinarPost.pdf (121Kb)