How and What Social Media Is Being Used in Natural Resource Outreach
Click on the graph below or click here for a detailed Green Savings analysis of this webinar.
Mar 13, 2013 2:00 pm US/Eastern
Length: 01:00 (hh:mm)
- Laurie Gharis, Ph.D., Research Scholar, College of Natural Resources, North Carolina State University, Raleigh
- American Forage and Grassland Council - 1 hour CFGP Credit
- Certified Crop Advisors - 1 hour CCA Self Study - PD Credit
- Conservation Planner - 1 hour Conservation Planning Credit
- Society of American Foresters - 1 hour Category 1 Credit
This presentation will focus on how social media tools, such as Twitter, Wikipedia, Facebook, LinkedIn, Flickr, and YouTube are currently employed by extension and education programs.
Follow along for a discussion and examples of how natural resource specialists and individuals within agriculture are using social media. The presenter demonstrates where opportunities exist for natural resource professionals to use social media tools and cover possible metrics for determining the success of social media efforts.
This webinar is sponsored by the USDA NRCS East National Technology Support Center. Contact Gail Brant, Sociologist, for assistance with the human element of resource conservation. Contact Holli Kuykendall, Ecologist, for more information about our webinars.