"Green" Forest Certification & Labeling Competitive Advantage in Global Markets
Click on the graph below or click here for a detailed Green Savings analysis of this webinar.
Dec 3, 2009 12:00 pm US/Eastern
Length: 01:00 (hh:mm)
- Scott Berg
- Ron Lovaglio
- None have been applied for or approved at this time.
December 3, 2009
12:00 pm to 1:00 pm (Eastern)
11:00 am to 12:00 pm (Central)
FSC? SFI? PEFC? Chain-of-Custody? Controlled Wood? Product Claims & Labeling? These are some of the terms you have heard in relation to “Green” forest certification. Like many, you are probably overwhelmed by what the different Standards are and what the terms mean.
The webinar will cover the following key topics:
- Current Issues driving the increased demand for forest certification;
- A summary of certification schemes including:
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)
- Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI)
- Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC)
- Group Tree Farm and/or Group FSC Certification for Family Forest Owners
- Triple FSC/SFI/PEFC Chain of Custody
- A brief update on the current Standards revisions;
- Certification claims and label options;
- Costs and timeframes to implement certification; and
A cost-effective and efficient process for achieving certification? The Webinar presenters are Scott Berg of R.S. Berg and Associates, Inc. and Ron Lovaglio, of Ron Lovaglio, LLC. Both are internationally recognized experts in the various forest certification programs and have assisted more than 160 forestry organizations to achieve the certification of their choice.