Changing Roles- Climate Change
Click on the graph below or click here for a detailed Green Savings analysis of this webinar.
Oct 15, 2010 12:00 pm US/Eastern
Length: 01:00 (hh:mm)
- Dr. Steve McNultyTeam Leader, Ecologist Eastern Forest Environmental Threats Assessment Center. USDA Forest Service
- None have been applied for or approved at this time.
An introduction to climate change and a discussion of the interactions between climate change and other environmental stresses on US forest health will be presented.
This webinar session will:
• provide an introduction to climate change
• discuss interactions between climate change and other environmental stresses on US forest health including increasing climate variability, bringing more intense precipitation events, doughts, and heat waves. These changes will then affect soil erosion, sedimentation, and wildfire.
• discuss potential changes in insect and disease outbreak.
• discuss long-term climate change leading to changes in ecosystem composition fisheries, and wildlife habitat, forest and range land productivity, and stream flow.
- presentation.pdf (1076Kb)