Changing Roles- Emerging Issues: Ecosystem Goods and Services
Click on the graph below or click here for a detailed Green Savings analysis of this webinar.
Oct 4, 2010 12:00 pm US/Eastern
Length: 01:00 (hh:mm)
- Dr. Francisco EscobedoAssistant Professor, Urban Forestry, School of Forest Resources and Conservation, University of Florida
- None have been applied for or approved at this time.
Ecosystem services have recently been promoted as a strategy for conserving forests, a means for quantifying benefits to people, and a term that describes the importance of nature. However, the recent rates of urbanization, the lack of prioritization of forest conservation by local and regional governments, and different uses of this term by land managers often brings into question the utility of this concept. Nonetheless, there is growing appreciation for the role ecosystem services play in maintaining ecosystem functioning upon which human life depends. Tune in to learn more about this new environmental buzzword.
This webinar session will:
• discuss the varied definitions of ecosystem services and the role of
• provide examples of how the ecosystem services concept applies to the
• examine case studies in which this approach has been used to address land
management issues associated with urbanization.
1 CFE for the Society of American Foresters has been approved for this program.
- presentation.pdf (1409Kb)