Following is a list of all archived webinars available for viewing.
- Meeting the Water Needs for Texans and Wildlife [View Now]
Sep 12, 2013 1:00 pm
Wildlife management is becoming more popular as the main land management activity or incorporated into traditional agricultural operations. Managing for wildlife has multiple benefits, including more economic opportunities for landowners, greater land productivity and sustainability, and clean water. Managing for quail requires maintaining suffic...
- NRCS - EPA National Water Quality Initiative: Water Quality Monitoring and Data Sharing Agreements [View Now]
Sep 11, 2013 3:00 pm
Participate to become informed about the National Water Quality Initiative (NWQI), agency roles, why monitoring is important, and ways in which information can be shared in order to develop successful monitoring programs. ...
- NRCS Plant Materials Program National Soil Health Study - Year 1, 2012-2013 [View Now]
Sep 11, 2013 2:00 pm
This webinar provides information on how seeding rates may affect the performance of cover crops....
- Small-scale Micro-irrigation Design and Components [View Now]
Sep 10, 2013 2:00 pm
Learn the basics of micro-irrigation design and components with emphasis on small-scale systems within the context of NRCS Conservation Practice Standard 441....
- Preventing or Mitigating Potential Negative Impacts of Pesticides on Pollinators [View Now]
Aug 29, 2013 2:00 pm
Participants will learn to use the NRCS conservation planning process to prevent and/or mitigate pest management risks to pollinators and pollinator habitat....
- Environmental Evaluation Series No. 4: Planning for Wetlands and Clean Water Act Special Environmental Concerns [View Now]
Aug 21, 2013 2:00 pm
Participate to learn how to identify, evaluate, and document on the NRCS-CPA-52, Environmental Evaluation Worksheet, the impacts of conservation actions on Wetlands and Waters of the U.S....
- Where Will Dedicated Bioenergy Crops Be Grown? Potential Land-use Change Associated with Growing Bioenergy Feedstocks [View Now]
Aug 21, 2013 2:00 pm
This webinar will address land-use change associated with the production of bioenergy feedstock utilizing data from the Billion-Ton Update (DOE, 2011). The Billion Ton Update projects the spatially-explicit potential availability of various biomass feedstocks, as influenced by price and other assumptions. This webinar will provide an overview of ...
- Wetland Reserve Program: Hydrology Management and Nuisance Mammal Prevention [View Now]
Aug 8, 2013 2:00 pm
This webinar will give participants an overview of determining hydrology management objectives, using active and passive water management techniques, and methods to deter nuisance wetland mammal damage on WRP lands....
- Turning Your Land Into a Sponge [View Now]
Aug 8, 2013 1:00 pm
Cattle production is the largest agricultural activity in Texas and in the Trinity River basin. Drought is a major challenge that faces ranchers and one that is too often unprepared for. Managing the vegetation on the land and setting an appropriate cattle stocking rate are the best ways to protect the productivity and sustainability of your ranc...
- Prescribed Fire Opportunities for Forestry Consultants [View Now]
Aug 8, 2013 10:00 am
Consultants servicing clients in NC should participate to gain insight on prescribed fire opportunities. Topics will include income and training opportunities, prescribed fire programs, insurance options, and liability protection....
- Crop Rotations on Diversified Farms [View Now]
Aug 6, 2013 3:00 pm
This webinar will give participants on overview of how crop rotation can be used as a multi-functional management technique to address pests and weeds in diversified systems....
- Application of Forestry Best Management Practices for Water Quality Protection [View Now]
Aug 6, 2013 2:00 pm
Forestry Best Management Practices (BMPs) are techniques and practices used to minimize and prevent water quality problems associated with forest management activities. Typically, sediment is the primary pollutant of focus for forestry BMPs. This webinar provides legislative and policy background for forestry BMPs and applied research findings re...
- Dragonfly Conservation: Habitat Needs, WRP, Mosquito Control, and Migratory Species [View Now]
Aug 1, 2013 2:00 pm
Join the webinar for instruction on the habitat needs of dragonflies and their conservation....
- Lessons Learned from Natural Stream Restoration/Enhancement [View Now]
Jul 31, 2013 2:00 pm
Participate to gain insight on Natural Channel Design based on more than 40 years combined experience from two retired USDA NRCS employees--a NC District Conservationist and WV State Conservation Engineer....
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Regulatory 101: Overview of the Regulatory Program [View Now]
Jul 31, 2013 1:00 pm
Participants will gain an overview of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Regulatory Program and an understanding of the authorities, jurisdiction, and processes behind it. ...