Following is a list of all archived webinars available for viewing.
- The Basics of Longleaf Understory Establishment & Enhancement [View Now]
Jul 27, 2012 12:00 pm
There are many questions about the process of establishing or enhancing the understory component of the longleaf pine ecosystem. Some of these questions include, but are not limited to: what plant species should be used, should seed or plugs be used, what site prep techniques should be used, and what restoration strategies should be used? This w...
- River Science (Hydrology & Fluvial Geomorphology) for Non-Engineers [View Now]
Jul 25, 2012 2:00 pm
River Science for Non-Engineers reviews concepts and provides resources related to hydrology and fluvial geomorphology to provide a technical foundation for conservation planners and other resource professionals assisting in these areas....
- Online mapping and spatial resources for the private forest landowner [View Now]
Jul 20, 2012 12:00 pm
There is growing interest among private landowners to diversify the benefits from their property through multiple use management. However, small-scale private landowners often have limited information regarding how to plan for management of these benefits. A map is one of the most important tools a rural or urban forest landowner needs for planni...
- Climate Smart Agriculture: Introduction to AgroClimate Information Decision Support System [View Now]
Jul 19, 2012 2:00 pm
AgroClimate is an online tool that can help you understand observed and expected climate variability for development of potential on-farm adaptation strategies in the southeastern US; view this webinar to learn more....
- E.U. Power from U.S. Forests: Policy Drivers and Pathways for Sustainable Biomass Procurement [View Now]
Jul 17, 2012 12:00 pm
European policies are driving the expansion of the domestic wood pellet market, especially in the Southern U.S. These EU policies demand documentation and adoption of sustainablility practices. Two recently released reports by Environmental Defense Fund outline EU policy drivers and describe how existing programs and practices can provide a Pathwa...
- Native Alternatives for Food Plots in the Longleaf Ecosystem - Part I. [View Now]
Jul 13, 2012 12:00 pm
Most of the Southeast’s primary game species (deer, turkey, quail) at one time thrived in natural longleaf pine ecosystems characterized by frequent fire and a diverse native herbaceous and shrub layer. As fire was excluded and longleaf forests were converted to lob or slash plantations, native herbs and shrubs declined. Many landowners became ...
- Soil Moisture-based Irrigation Scheduling [View Now]
Jul 12, 2012 2:00 pm
A good irrigation water management plan starts with a sound irrigation scheduling methodology; view this webinar to learn more....
- Template for Assessing Climate Change Impacts and Management Options (TACCIMO): Science at your Fingertips [View Now]
Jun 20, 2012 12:00 pm
This webinar will address how land and resource managers, planners, and others can facilitate the integration of climate change science into land management planning. The webinar will introduce participants to TACCIMO – a Template for Assessing Climate Change Impacts and Management Options – through case studies where TACCIMO has been applied....
- Adaptive Nutrient Management: On-farm Testing [View Now]
Jun 7, 2012 2:00 pm
View this webinar to learn about on-farm nutrient testing and evaluation to adjust nutrient management planning to increase nutrient use efficiency and minimize offsite impacts....
- Common Bees and Best Bee Plants of the East [View Now]
May 25, 2012 2:00 pm
Participate in this webinar to gain understanding of the most common bees and best forage (nectar and pollen sources) you can provide to support bee pollinators in the eastern United States....
- Forest Farming Non-Timber Products: Opportunities and Challenges [View Now]
May 16, 2012 12:00 pm
Forest farming, the cultivation of understory plants and fungi with economic value, may be a way for small-scale forest landowners to realize greater benefits. The forests are host of a tremendous diversity of economically important plants. Eighty percent of the land base of the Appalachian forest region is in private ownership, and the majority of...
- Windmills and Water Pumps for Livestock Water [View Now]
May 10, 2012 2:00 pm
Participate in this webinar to learn how a windmill works and facilitates providing water for livestock (as “Green” technology before green was more than just a color). ...
- Implementing NRCS Practice Standard Feed Management [View Now]
May 9, 2012 2:00 pm
Learn the basics of using the Feed Management practice standard to increase adoption, improve economic efficiency, and reduce manure nutrient content, thus reducing acreage needed for spreading manure....
- Introduction to Adaptive Nutrient Management [View Now]
May 3, 2012 3:00 pm
Participate in this webinar to receive an introduction to Adaptive Nutrient Management, including how it can be used with NRCS Nutrient Management (590)....
- Misconceptions about Global Warming and Climate Change [View Now]
Apr 25, 2012 12:00 pm
In this webinar, Heather Dinon, an Applied Climatologist with the State Climate Office of North Carolina, will present the science used to debunk common misconceptions about Global Warming and Climate Change....