Following is a list of all archived webinars available for viewing.
- A State's Perspective on Implementing the Soil Health Initiative on Grasslands [View Now]
Mar 4, 2013 11:00 am
Learn about soil health on grasslands from this discussion of activities and accomplishments made by specialists in South Dakota....
- GIS in the Field: Using LiDAR Makes Sense [View Now]
Feb 27, 2013 2:00 pm
This webinar is intended for non-GIS participants who use, or might use, GIS for conservation planning and design, and natural resources analysis and applications....
- Primer on NRCS Environmental Compliance [View Now]
Feb 20, 2013 2:00 pm
Participate to gain an understanding of the origins and legal requirements for the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service's (NRCS) environmental procedures and how those requirements are achieved....
- Income Tax on Timber For Your 2012 Tax Return Filing [View Now]
Feb 13, 2013 12:00 pm
This webinar will cover tax reporting on timber transactions as well as the latest sweeping tax law changes from the “fiscal cliff” package...
- Multi-Species Grazing for Sustainable Farming [View Now]
Feb 5, 2013 3:00 pm
Join the webinar to learn about the interaction between livestock, vegetation, and soil, and management needs to extend the grazing season and improve animal performance when managing multi-species grazing systems....
- Stream Simulation Culvert Design and Performance: A USFS Perspective [View Now]
Jan 30, 2013 2:00 pm
Aquatic organism passage at road-stream crossings has been the subject of engineering, fisheries, hydrology, and wildlife specialists’ concern for many decades. This webinar will introduce the concept of stream simulation design and provide an overview of the components of assessment, design and construction of a stream simulation design road-cro...
- Soil Health: Farming in the 21st Century [View Now]
Jan 29, 2013 8:30 am
View the recording of the live presentation given at the 2013 National Association of Conservation Districts Annual Meeting to understand the relevance of building soil health and sustainability in the 21st century....
- Soil Health and New Soil Testing Methods [View Now]
Jan 24, 2013 12:00 pm
This webinar will give participants an overview of soil health and new soil testing tools that have been developed to inform nutrient management decisions, which take into account the contribution of soil microbes....
- Organic No-till Systems [View Now]
Jan 22, 2013 3:00 pm
Participate for a discussion of how organic no-till works - using sound biological principles and mechanical cover crop termination - to reduce and even eliminate tillage....
- Development of the Revised National Wetland Plant List (NWPL) and Demonstration of NWPL Web site Applications [View Now]
Dec 6, 2012 2:00 pm
This webinar describes and demonstrates the use of the new National Wetland Plant List Web site (NWPL) for determining the wetland indicator status of wetland plant species in the United States, Caribbean, and Pacific Islands....
- Manure to Energy - Thermo-chemical and Biological Processes of Animal Manures and Biomass [View Now]
Nov 28, 2012 2:00 pm
This webinar provides an overview of manure to energy processes ranging from biological processes, such as anaerobic digestion, to some of the more innovative thermo-chemical processes, such as gasification and pyrolysis....
- People: Showcasing Conservation in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed [View Now]
Nov 14, 2012 2:00 pm
Participate to learn how to use special projects and outreach methods to encourage awareness and adoption of agricultural best management practices in targeted watersheds. ...
- Edge-of-Field Water Quality Monitoring: The New NRCS Activity Standards, Session 2 - Technical Specifications, Considerations [View Now]
Nov 6, 2012 10:00 am
Session 2 of "Edge-of-Field Water Quality Monitoring: The New NRCS Activity Standards" provides technical specifications and considerations for water quality monitoring and use of the new NRCS Activity Standards. ...
- Edge-of-Field Water Quality Monitoring: The New NRCS Activity Standards, Session 1 - Introduction, History, Overview [View Now]
Nov 6, 2012 10:00 am
Session 1 of "Edge-of-Field Water Quality Monitoring: The New NRCS Activity Standards" provides an introduction, the history, and an overview of the topic to begin training on the the new NRCS Activity Standards....
- Edge-of-Field Water Quality Monitoring: The New NRCS Activity Standards, Session 3 - Forms, Reports, Data Storage [View Now]
Nov 6, 2012 10:00 am
Session 3 of "Edge-of-Field Water Quality Monitoring: The New NRCS Activity Standards" provides instruction on water quality monitoring and Activity Standards forms, reports, and data storage and uses. ...