Following is a list of all archived webinars available for viewing.
- Biomass Harvesting Sustainability Webinar Series: Bird and invertebrate response to woody biomass harvest: Preliminary findings and future directions [View Now]
Jun 4, 2014 12:00 pm
Harvest residue gleaned as woody biomass is predicted to be a primary feedstock for forest-based bioenergy to meet increasing renewable energy demand. Concerns regarding the sustainability of woody biomass harvests have led to the development of Biomass Harvesting Guidelines (BHGs), which typically recommend that a percentage of harvestable biomass...
- USDA NRCS Honey Bee Monitoring Training [View Now]
May 29, 2014 2:00 pm
Participants will learn how to conduct monitoring required for the 2014 Honey Bee Habitat Effort in the Northern Great Plains and Great Lakes states....
- Lighting Systems: Analysis, Performance, and Energy Conservation Opportunities [View Now]
May 22, 2014 2:00 pm
This webinar will provide participants with a working understanding of how lighting systems function within agricultural facilities and how to use recent advances in technology and design to improve efficiency and performance....
- Development of an Acid Scrubber for Removal of Ammonia from Mechanically Ventilated Broiler Houses [View Now]
May 21, 2014 1:00 pm
This webinar will give participants an overview of the design and operation of the ARS Air Scrubber; a device for reducing ammonia, dust and odor emissions from poultry houses....
- On-Farm Food Safety and Conservation [View Now]
May 14, 2014 3:00 pm
Learn about co-managing food safety and conservation in specialty crops by increasing your understanding about the fate and transport of food-borne pathogens, and about multiple conservation and food safety practices that when used together can minimize food safety concerns....
- Biomass Market Access Standards (BMAS) [View Now]
May 13, 2014 2:00 pm
Bio-based energies no longer automatically qualify toward renewable energy mandates. Instead, they must prove their environmental and social credentials through verification systems that demonstrate achievement beyond fossil energy baselines. Several private standards have emerged in recent years to assist the sector in meeting certification requ...
- Using RUSLE2 to Evaluate Soil Health Planning Principles [View Now]
May 13, 2014 2:00 pm
Participate to improve your understanding of how RUSLE2 and its inputs, including tillage operations, crops, climate, residue, management adjustments, and others, relate to NRCS’ four soil health planning principles....
- Agricultural Working Lands and Wildlife: Biological Responses to Conservation Efforts on Working Farms in the Calapooia Watershed, Oregon [View Now]
May 8, 2014 2:00 pm
Participants will learn how fish, invertebrates, and amphibians respond to conservation practices on grass seed farms in intermittent streams and wetlands in western Oregon....
- Introduction to Chain of Custody Certification for Forest Owners [View Now]
May 8, 2014 1:00 pm
The presentation outlines how wood certification works with a focus on linking forest and chain-of-custody certification that works for forest owners, loggers and forest industry. The presentation is designed to provide private forest owners and aligned professionals with unbiased information on certification and to understand the benefits and cost...
- Biomass Harvesting Sustainability Webinar Series: Small mammal, reptile and amphibian response to biomass harvesting [View Now]
May 8, 2014 12:00 pm
Demand for renewable energy sources is expected to continue to increase. Woody biomass from forests will likely be the primary source of renewable energy in the southeastern United States due to its low cost and availability. Gleaning of harvest residuals, such as tops, limbs and small-diameter trees, may reduce down woody debris that small mammal...
- Forest Certification for Forest Owners [View Now]
May 7, 2014 1:00 pm
The presentation outlines how forest certification is working in the eastern U.S. with a special focus on opportunities for private non-industrial woodland owners. The presentation is designed to provide private forest owners and aligned professionals with the background necessary to make wise decisions relative to certification....
- Short Rotation Woody Crops for Phytoremediation Applications [View Now]
Apr 30, 2014 2:00 pm
The rapid development of bioenergy industries have the potential to create a large demand for woody biomass that may exceed the ability of conventional forestry to sustainably supply them. Marginal and degraded lands that are not suitable for agricultural production could be an ideal source for future feedstocks. One example of marginal and degrade...
- Preparing a Seeding Plan for Conservation Practices [View Now]
Apr 30, 2014 2:00 pm
Participate to learn methods and procedures that will help to develop a plan for the successful seeding of conservation areas....
- Biomass Harvesting Sustainability Webinar Series: Biomass harvesting guidelines implementation: challenges and opportunities, including inventory techniques [View Now]
Apr 24, 2014 12:00 pm
This webinar will present the findings from on-the-ground implementation of alternative biomass retention approaches, discussing the feasibility of operational application. Professional loggers were asked to apply varying percentages and distribution patterns of logging debris (woody biomass) after harvest – their results and impressions will be ...
- The National Agricultural Library: Electronic Services and Resources for NRCS Employees [View Now]
Apr 22, 2014 2:00 pm
Participants will learn how to access and use the electronic resources and services of the National Agricultural Library with emphasis on those available via DigiTop, USDA’s Digital Desktop Library....