Following is a list of all archived webinars available for viewing.
- Online mapping tools for the natural resource professional - Part 3: Google Earth (GE) Part 1 (Basics) [View Now]
Jan 15, 2014 12:00 pm
This mapping tool is a must for all natural resource professionals. It is one of the best ways to develop and share map data with landowners as it allows visualization at the landscape level. You can create, save, and share project datasets freely, view historic aerial images, add GPS, photos and even your own aerial images. This section covers b...
- Online mapping tools for the natural resource professional - Part 2: Important spatial data sources [View Now]
Dec 18, 2013 12:00 pm
Have you ever wonder how you can obtain spatial data to help you in management planning or other activities? This webiinar covers four important sources of data that professional should be aware of. These include a) County Interactive Mapping Websites – where easy maps of landowner parcels and other feature may be found created. Not every co...
- Societal motivations and barriers in the biofuels arena [View Now]
Dec 11, 2013 2:00 pm
Understanding the public attitudes, barriers to use and adoption of bioenergy crops and fuels will be important to the development of a commercial biofuels industry. This webinar will help you to understand these motivations and barriers of various stake holder groups from consumers to forest landowners to investors, industry and government agencie...
- Agricultural Working Lands and Wildlife: Ducks Unlimited's Winter Wheat Initiative in the Northern Great Plains [View Now]
Dec 10, 2013 2:00 pm
Participants will learn about an opportunity to restore ecosystem function on agricultural working lands in the Northern Great Plains through the planting of fall cereals which provide safe nesting areas for birds and agronomic benefits to producers....
- Online mapping tools for the natural resource professional - Part 1: My Land Plan [View Now]
Dec 4, 2013 12:00 pm
This section covers the new American Forestry Foundation / American Tree Farm System land planning tool, My Land Plan. This is a full service planning and information sourcing / sharing tool for private forest landowner. This tool creates forestland projects that include basic mapping of land features and goal development for those features. Imp...
- Sustainable Production Using Year-Round High Tunnels [View Now]
Dec 3, 2013 3:00 pm
In this webinar, participants will learn how producers are maximizing high tunnel production on diversified specialty crop operations....
- Conservation Practices: From Farm Fix-It to Farm Portfolio [View Now]
Nov 21, 2013 12:00 pm
Participate to gain an understanding of the components and application of a Farm Natural Resource Portfolio, and to identify new stakeholders that are reshaping the values of on-farm and off-farm conservation practices and systems....
- Writing and Implementing Practice Standards to Address Fish-Wildlife Needs: A 40-year Perspective [View Now]
Nov 20, 2013 2:00 pm
This webinar will provide an understanding and appreciation for the importance of conservation practice standards as a tool to define and deliver conservation technology to NRCS employees and partners....
- Understanding the Food and Drug Administration's Proposed Rules to the Food Safety Modernization Act [View Now]
Nov 14, 2013 2:00 pm
This webinar serves as an opportunity for stakeholders to address particular areas of concern and get clarity from FDA on the proposed rules to the Food Safety Modernization Act....
- Introduction to Livestock GRACEnet and How ARS Research can be Transferred to NRCS [View Now]
Nov 13, 2013 3:00 pm
This webinar will give participants an overview of the USDA-ARS Livestock GRACEnet research program, provide information about related upcoming webinars, and discuss how technologies developed via research from Livestock GRACEnet and other ARS programs can be transferred to USDA NRCS....
- Environmental Evaluation Series No. 6: Planning for Endangered Species / Migratory Birds / Bald and Golden Eagles Special Environmental Concerns [View Now]
Nov 13, 2013 2:00 pm
Participate to learn how to identify, evaluate, and document on the NRCS-CPA-52, Environmental Evaluation Worksheet, the impacts of conservation actions on Endangered Species / Migratory Birds / Bald and Golden Eagles....
- Pastured Poultry and Conservation Planning [View Now]
Nov 12, 2013 3:00 pm
This webinar will give participants an overview of pastured poultry operation including management techniques, facilities, challenges, and opportunities....
- Planning Large Scale Burns [View Now]
Nov 6, 2013 12:00 pm
Participate to learn about planning and conducting large scale prescribed burns and fire science applications at Eglin Air Force Base. This webinar will focus on the logistics and planning involved in conducting large scale prescribed fires. Additional discussion topics will include developing pre- and post-burn monitoring plans as well as a ...
- Prescribed Fire Techniques, Planning, and Precautions in Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Texas [View Now]
Oct 31, 2013 1:00 pm
Participate to learn about the unique aspects of prescribed burning in Midwest prairies and woodlands. This webinar will focus on unique aspects of prescribed burning in Midwest prairies and woodlands with special emphasis on some of the tools, models, and guidelines that have been developed for this region. John will also describe the growth of...
- Are there enough loggers to meet cellulosic demand? [View Now]
Oct 30, 2013 2:00 pm
North Carolina's logging force is part of a supply chain heavily influenced by overall economic downturns impacting housing and related wood construction materials. Ebbs and flows in finished paper and raw fluff demand worldwide are also influential. Nearly 30% of NC’s logging force was sidelined over a five year period. This trend began reversi...