Following is a list of all archived webinars available for viewing.
- Core NRCS Conservation Practices for Enhancing Soil Health [View Now]
Feb 13, 2014 3:00 pm
This webinar focuses on how several core NRCS conservation practices can be used by farmers to improve soil health, linking them to the four soil health planning principles, i.e. minimizing disturbance, maximizing diversity, keeping a living root growing, and maintaining residue cover....
- Soil Health and New Soil Testing Methods [View Now]
Feb 12, 2014 2:00 pm
This webinar will give participants an overview of soil health and new soil testing tools for N-P-K that take into account the contribution of soil microbes, allowing producers to make informed nutrient management decisions....
- Feed Management for Dairy Operations to Reduce Air Emissions [View Now]
Feb 12, 2014 1:00 pm
This webinar will give participants an overview of feed management opportunities to reduce air emissions from dairy operations....
- The Biology of Soil Compaction [View Now]
Feb 11, 2014 2:00 pm
Learn about the root cause of soil compaction - lack of soil organic matter and biological activity caused by heavy tillage - and mitigation techniques to improve soil function for agricultural production....
- Insights from an Organic Certifier [View Now]
Feb 4, 2014 3:00 pm
Participate in this webinar to hear insights and stories from an organic certifier concerning inspections and common issues with a focus on conservation practices related to certification....
- Addressing Resource Concerns: Evaluating, Documenting, and Reporting Progress using NRCS' New Land Use Planning Criteria [View Now]
Jan 29, 2014 2:00 pm
Participants will learn about the new USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service land use designations and how they will be implemented in Customer Service Toolkit and the Progress Reporting System....
- Agricultural Working Lands and Wildlife: Grassland Bird Conservation in Northeastern Haylands and Pasturelands [View Now]
Jan 28, 2014 2:00 pm
Participants will learn about opportunities to manage haylands and pasturelands in the Northeast for nesting grassland birds....
- The Role of the Renewable Fuels Standard and Renewable Identification Numbers in Driving Biofuels Production and Technology Development [View Now]
Jan 24, 2014 2:00 pm
The Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) is the most effective policy tool to date to simultaneously reduce our dependence on foreign oil, expand production of renewable fuels and give future generations a nation that is stronger, cleaner and more secure. First established in 2005 and expanded in 2007, Congress created the RFS to reduce the risk of inves...
- Feed Management for Beef Feedlots to Reduce Air Emissions [View Now]
Jan 22, 2014 1:00 pm
This webinar will give participants an overview of feed management opportunities to reduce air emissions from beef feedlots....
- Online mapping tools for the natural resource professional - Part 4: Google Earth (GE) Part 2 (Intermediate) [View Now]
Jan 22, 2014 12:00 pm
This section review GE basics and then extends to details about creating and editing data. Importing sources of data such as shapefile (ArcGIS) format will be covered. Another important way to enter data is your own aerial images; this section covers the image overlaying process. The free version of GE does not calculate acreages and this section...
- An Experimental Case Study for Soil Health [View Now]
Jan 16, 2014 2:00 pm
To enhance adoption of soil health management systems, it is important that soil health benefits be demonstrated with statistically rigorous research. Join the webinar to learn about an experimental case study where improving soil health increased crop yield as much as supplemental irrigation....
- Online mapping tools for the natural resource professional - Part 3: Google Earth (GE) Part 1 (Basics) [View Now]
Jan 15, 2014 12:00 pm
This mapping tool is a must for all natural resource professionals. It is one of the best ways to develop and share map data with landowners as it allows visualization at the landscape level. You can create, save, and share project datasets freely, view historic aerial images, add GPS, photos and even your own aerial images. This section covers b...
- Online mapping tools for the natural resource professional - Part 2: Important spatial data sources [View Now]
Dec 18, 2013 12:00 pm
Have you ever wonder how you can obtain spatial data to help you in management planning or other activities? This webiinar covers four important sources of data that professional should be aware of. These include a) County Interactive Mapping Websites – where easy maps of landowner parcels and other feature may be found created. Not every co...
- Societal motivations and barriers in the biofuels arena [View Now]
Dec 11, 2013 2:00 pm
Understanding the public attitudes, barriers to use and adoption of bioenergy crops and fuels will be important to the development of a commercial biofuels industry. This webinar will help you to understand these motivations and barriers of various stake holder groups from consumers to forest landowners to investors, industry and government agencie...
- Agricultural Working Lands and Wildlife: Ducks Unlimited's Winter Wheat Initiative in the Northern Great Plains [View Now]
Dec 10, 2013 2:00 pm
Participants will learn about an opportunity to restore ecosystem function on agricultural working lands in the Northern Great Plains through the planting of fall cereals which provide safe nesting areas for birds and agronomic benefits to producers....