Following is a list of all archived webinars available for viewing.
- Environmental Evaluation Series: Planning for Wetlands and Clean Water Act Special Environmental Concerns [View Now]
Aug 21, 2013 2:00 pm
Participate to learn how to identify, evaluate, and document on the NRCS-CPA-52, Environmental Evaluation Worksheet, the impacts of conservation actions on Wetlands and Waters of the U.S....
- Where Will Dedicated Bioenergy Crops Be Grown? Potential Land-use Change Associated with Growing Bioenergy Feedstocks [View Now]
Aug 21, 2013 2:00 pm
This webinar will address land-use change associated with the production of bioenergy feedstock utilizing data from the Billion-Ton Update (DOE, 2011). The Billion Ton Update projects the spatially-explicit potential availability of various biomass feedstocks, as influenced by price and other assumptions. This webinar will provide an overview of ...
- Wetland Reserve Program: Hydrology Management and Nuisance Mammal Prevention [View Now]
Aug 8, 2013 2:00 pm
This webinar will give participants an overview of determining hydrology management objectives, using active and passive water management techniques, and methods to deter nuisance wetland mammal damage on WRP lands....
- Turning Your Land Into a Sponge [View Now]
Aug 8, 2013 1:00 pm
Cattle production is the largest agricultural activity in Texas and in the Trinity River basin. Drought is a major challenge that faces ranchers and one that is too often unprepared for. Managing the vegetation on the land and setting an appropriate cattle stocking rate are the best ways to protect the productivity and sustainability of your ranc...
- Prescribed Fire Opportunities for Forestry Consultants [View Now]
Aug 8, 2013 10:00 am
Consultants servicing clients in NC should participate to gain insight on prescribed fire opportunities. Topics will include income and training opportunities, prescribed fire programs, insurance options, and liability protection....
- Crop Rotations on Diversified Farms [View Now]
Aug 6, 2013 3:00 pm
This webinar will give participants on overview of how crop rotation can be used as a multi-functional management technique to address pests and weeds in diversified systems....
- Application of Forestry Best Management Practices for Water Quality Protection [View Now]
Aug 6, 2013 2:00 pm
Forestry Best Management Practices (BMPs) are techniques and practices used to minimize and prevent water quality problems associated with forest management activities. Typically, sediment is the primary pollutant of focus for forestry BMPs. This webinar provides legislative and policy background for forestry BMPs and applied research findings re...
- Dragonfly Conservation: Habitat Needs, WRP, Mosquito Control, and Migratory Species [View Now]
Aug 1, 2013 2:00 pm
Join the webinar for instruction on the habitat needs of dragonflies and their conservation....
- Lessons Learned from Natural Stream Restoration/Enhancement [View Now]
Jul 31, 2013 2:00 pm
Participate to gain insight on Natural Channel Design based on more than 40 years combined experience from two retired USDA NRCS employees--a NC District Conservationist and WV State Conservation Engineer....
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Regulatory 101: Overview of the Regulatory Program [View Now]
Jul 31, 2013 1:00 pm
Participants will gain an overview of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Regulatory Program and an understanding of the authorities, jurisdiction, and processes behind it. ...
- USDA Cover Crop Termination Guidelines [View Now]
Jul 25, 2013 2:00 pm
USDA agency personnel and others should join this webinar to become knowledgeable about the recently developed USDA Cover Crop Termination Guidelines for Non-Irrigated Cropland....
- Conservation and Management of Declining Bat Populations in Eastern Forests [View Now]
Jul 25, 2013 1:00 pm
Bats in the eastern U.S. are experiencing significant declines due to disease, wind-turbines, and loss and fragmentation of their forested habitats related to urban development. Climate change may also impact their populations and distribution. U.S. Forest Service Research Ecologist Susan C. Loeb, will discuss the plight of different bat species as...
- Environmental Evaluation Series: Planning for Floodplain and Riparian Area Special Environmental Concerns [View Now]
Jul 17, 2013 2:00 pm
Participate to learn how to identify, evaluate, and document on the NRCS-CPA-52, Environmental Evaluation Worksheet, the impacts of conservation actions on Floodplains and Riparian Areas....
- What are FSGs, Why do I need them, and How can they help? [View Now]
Jul 16, 2013 2:00 pm
This webinar is designed for NRCS conservation planners and partners to learn what forage suitability groups (FSGs) are, how they are formed, and how they are used in conservation planning on pastures....
- Farming for Beneficial Insects: Pollinators, Predators and Parasitoids [View Now]
Jul 11, 2013 2:00 pm
Learn how to support beneficial insects (pollinators and natural enemies of crop pests) on farms....