Following is a list of all archived webinars available for viewing.
- Climate Smart Agriculture: Introduction to AgroClimate Information Decision Support System [View Now]
Jul 19, 2012 2:00 pm
AgroClimate is an online tool that can help you understand observed and expected climate variability for development of potential on-farm adaptation strategies in the southeastern US; view this webinar to learn more....
- E.U. Power from U.S. Forests: Policy Drivers and Pathways for Sustainable Biomass Procurement [View Now]
Jul 17, 2012 12:00 pm
European policies are driving the expansion of the domestic wood pellet market, especially in the Southern U.S. These EU policies demand documentation and adoption of sustainablility practices. Two recently released reports by Environmental Defense Fund outline EU policy drivers and describe how existing programs and practices can provide a Pathwa...
- Native Alternatives for Food Plots in the Longleaf Ecosystem - Part I. [View Now]
Jul 13, 2012 12:00 pm
Most of the Southeast’s primary game species (deer, turkey, quail) at one time thrived in natural longleaf pine ecosystems characterized by frequent fire and a diverse native herbaceous and shrub layer. As fire was excluded and longleaf forests were converted to lob or slash plantations, native herbs and shrubs declined. Many landowners became ...
- Soil Moisture-based Irrigation Scheduling [View Now]
Jul 12, 2012 2:00 pm
A good irrigation water management plan starts with a sound irrigation scheduling methodology; view this webinar to learn more....
- Template for Assessing Climate Change Impacts and Management Options (TACCIMO): Science at your Fingertips [View Now]
Jun 20, 2012 12:00 pm
This webinar will address how land and resource managers, planners, and others can facilitate the integration of climate change science into land management planning. The webinar will introduce participants to TACCIMO – a Template for Assessing Climate Change Impacts and Management Options – through case studies where TACCIMO has been applied....
- Adaptive Nutrient Management: On-farm Testing [View Now]
Jun 7, 2012 2:00 pm
View this webinar to learn about on-farm nutrient testing and evaluation to adjust nutrient management planning to increase nutrient use efficiency and minimize offsite impacts....
- Common Bees and Best Bee Plants of the East [View Now]
May 25, 2012 2:00 pm
Participate in this webinar to gain understanding of the most common bees and best forage (nectar and pollen sources) you can provide to support bee pollinators in the eastern United States....
- Forest Farming Non-Timber Products: Opportunities and Challenges [View Now]
May 16, 2012 12:00 pm
Forest farming, the cultivation of understory plants and fungi with economic value, may be a way for small-scale forest landowners to realize greater benefits. The forests are host of a tremendous diversity of economically important plants. Eighty percent of the land base of the Appalachian forest region is in private ownership, and the majority of...
- Windmills and Water Pumps for Livestock Water [View Now]
May 10, 2012 2:00 pm
Participate in this webinar to learn how a windmill works and facilitates providing water for livestock (as “Green” technology before green was more than just a color). ...
- Implementing NRCS Practice Standard Feed Management [View Now]
May 9, 2012 2:00 pm
Learn the basics of using the Feed Management practice standard to increase adoption, improve economic efficiency, and reduce manure nutrient content, thus reducing acreage needed for spreading manure....
- Misconceptions about Global Warming and Climate Change [View Now]
Apr 25, 2012 12:00 pm
In this webinar, Heather Dinon, an Applied Climatologist with the State Climate Office of North Carolina, will present the science used to debunk common misconceptions about Global Warming and Climate Change....
- Forest*A*Syst: A web-based tool for natural resource professionals [View Now]
Apr 18, 2012 12:00 pm
By participating in this webinar professionals will learn about a tool they can use to assist landowners in better understanding their land. The tool is the web-based application Forest*A*Syst. Participants will learn how to use this tool to assist landowners in making informed decisions about the goals and objectives they have for their property...
- Ecological services as an incentive for forest management [View Now]
Mar 14, 2012 12:00 pm
The Mountain Association For Community Economic Development (MACED) has successfully developed a managed forest carbon offset program in central Appalachia that offers landowners the opportunity to earn money for carbon sequestration. So far MACED has 48 landowners and 30,000 acres enrolled and has paid out over $100,000 dollars. Scott Shouse, th...
- Essential Principles for Conservation Planning on Pastures [View Now]
Feb 29, 2012 2:00 pm
Participate in this webinar to gain an understanding of essential grazing components and measurements that should go into every grazing plan....
- Timber Tax Basis [View Now]
Feb 22, 2012 12:00 pm
This webinar is designed to give you a detailed and clear understanding of timber tax basis, a deduction that many landowners struggles with after timber sale or loss of timber from fire, theft or storm. Properly and timely setting up your timber basis is an important step in saving taxes, time, and hassle. ...