Following is a list of all archived webinars available for viewing.
- Treasuring the Trinity: Challenges and Opportunities [View Now]
Jul 11, 2013 1:00 pm
The Trinity River in Texas provides water for over 40% of Texans, including the Dallas/Fort Worth and Houston metro areas. The history of the Trinity River is one of severe pollution which caused the river to be labeled “septic” back in the 1960’s. Though many advances in wastewater technology and pollution control have significantly improv...
- Influence of Forest Cover Loss and Land Use Change on Water Quantity and Quality [View Now]
Jul 9, 2013 2:00 pm
Conversion of forest land to urban uses is the primary cause of forest loss in the southeastern US at present. When these conversions take place, major changes often occur in hydrologic cycles and water quality. Hydrologic impacts include loss of hydrograph stability, increased discharge and velocity, and reduction of base flow. Simultaneously,...
- Common NRCS Practices Related to Pest Management on Organic Farms [View Now]
Jul 9, 2013 1:00 pm
Participate in this webinar as a pre-course for the upcoming Organic Training for Agriculture Professionals in California....
- Planning and Design of Livestock Watering Systems [View Now]
Jun 26, 2013 2:00 pm
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will know the principles of designing livestock watering systems, and they will have understanding of how animal behavior affects the design....
- Conserving Pollinators While Addressing Other Resource Concerns [View Now]
Jun 25, 2013 2:00 pm
Join to learn about planning and implementing conservation measures to address multiple resource concerns including pollinator conservation. ...
- Climate Variability and U.S. Forests [View Now]
Jun 20, 2013 1:00 pm
U.S. Forest Service Climate Change Advisor, Dave Cleaves, will give an overview of the U.S. Forest Service report “Effects of Climatic Variability and Change on Forest Ecosystems: A Comprehensive Science Synthesis for the U.S. Forest. The report is a look at the current condition and likely future condition of forest resources in the United St...
- Sure! I'll move out of the floodplain! [View Now]
Jun 18, 2013 2:00 pm
The objective of this webinar is to share information and lessons learned from an innovative flood protection project....
- Adopting Cover Crop Systems: Dollars, Sense and Other Considerations [View Now]
Jun 12, 2013 2:00 pm
Participate to increase your understanding of the role of social and economic factors that shape decisions about the use of cover crops, with emphasis on documentable benefits....
- From the Raindrop to the River: The Basics of Forest Hydrology [View Now]
Jun 11, 2013 2:00 pm
Forest lands provide the cleanest and the most dependable supply of water compared to all other land uses. This holds whether forests are young or old, pine or hardwood, and managed or unmanaged. The connection between forests and clean water has long been recognized and decades of watershed science provides a solid understanding of the various p...
- Conservation Buffers: Sink or Source Habitats for Fish-Wildlife? [View Now]
Jun 11, 2013 2:00 pm
View this webinar for a summary of what we know about fish-wildlife use of conservation buffers, and address the question, "Are buffers good fish-wildlife habitat?" ...
- Tapping into Biological Horsepower to Improve Soil Health [View Now]
Jun 10, 2013 11:00 am
Participate in this webinar to learn about managing the biological herd under the soil surface to build soil health....
- Mechanically-generated Particulate Matter - Causes and Cures [View Now]
Jun 6, 2013 2:00 pm
Participate in this webinar to better understand how agricultural activities can generate particulate matter, and what can be done to manage it. ...
- Orchard Floor Management in Organic Systems [View Now]
Jun 4, 2013 3:00 pm
Participate in this webinar for an overview of some of the most recent research related to nutrient management, tillage, weed control, and pest management in organic orchards. ...
- Will Bioenergy Crops Be Able to Fuel the Future? [View Now]
Jun 4, 2013 2:00 pm
Certain feedstocks, such as grasses and short rotation woody crops, are being extensively researched and used within advanced biofuel demonstration projects. This topic will explore what southeastern species are being researched, where do these species best perform, when should these species be harvested, and will special harvesting equipment be ne...
- Session 8 - Ecological Site Descriptions: An Interdisciplinary and Interagency Effort - Common Standards and Procedures [View Now]
May 30, 2013 2:00 pm
This is the final session of an eight-session webinar series. This training will introduce the basic concepts of ecological sites, how ecological site descriptions are developed, and how ecological site descriptions can be utilized in making management decisions. ...