Following is a list of all archived webinars available for viewing.
- Online mapping tools for the natural resource professional - Part 1: My Land Plan [View Now]
Dec 4, 2013 12:00 pm
This section covers the new American Forestry Foundation / American Tree Farm System land planning tool, My Land Plan. This is a full service planning and information sourcing / sharing tool for private forest landowner. This tool creates forestland projects that include basic mapping of land features and goal development for those features. Imp...
- Sustainable Production Using Year-Round High Tunnels [View Now]
Dec 3, 2013 3:00 pm
In this webinar, participants will learn how producers are maximizing high tunnel production on diversified specialty crop operations....
- Conservation Practices: From Farm Fix-It to Farm Portfolio [View Now]
Nov 21, 2013 12:00 pm
Participate to gain an understanding of the components and application of a Farm Natural Resource Portfolio, and to identify new stakeholders that are reshaping the values of on-farm and off-farm conservation practices and systems....
- Writing and Implementing Practice Standards to Address Fish-Wildlife Needs: A 40-year Perspective [View Now]
Nov 20, 2013 2:00 pm
This webinar will provide an understanding and appreciation for the importance of conservation practice standards as a tool to define and deliver conservation technology to NRCS employees and partners....
- Understanding the Food and Drug Administration's Proposed Rules to the Food Safety Modernization Act [View Now]
Nov 14, 2013 2:00 pm
This webinar serves as an opportunity for stakeholders to address particular areas of concern and get clarity from FDA on the proposed rules to the Food Safety Modernization Act....
- Introduction to Livestock GRACEnet and How ARS Research can be Transferred to NRCS [View Now]
Nov 13, 2013 3:00 pm
This webinar will give participants an overview of the USDA-ARS Livestock GRACEnet research program, provide information about related upcoming webinars, and discuss how technologies developed via research from Livestock GRACEnet and other ARS programs can be transferred to USDA NRCS....
- Environmental Evaluation Series: Planning for Endangered Species / Migratory Birds / Bald and Golden Eagles Special Environmental Concerns [View Now]
Nov 13, 2013 2:00 pm
Participate to learn how to identify, evaluate, and document on the NRCS-CPA-52, Environmental Evaluation Worksheet, the impacts of conservation actions on Endangered Species / Migratory Birds / Bald and Golden Eagles....
- Pastured Poultry and Conservation Planning [View Now]
Nov 12, 2013 3:00 pm
This webinar will give participants an overview of pastured poultry operation including management techniques, facilities, challenges, and opportunities....
- Planning Large Scale Burns [View Now]
Nov 6, 2013 12:00 pm
Participate to learn about planning and conducting large scale prescribed burns and fire science applications at Eglin Air Force Base. This webinar will focus on the logistics and planning involved in conducting large scale prescribed fires. Additional discussion topics will include developing pre- and post-burn monitoring plans as well as a ...
- Prescribed Fire Techniques, Planning, and Precautions in Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Texas [View Now]
Oct 31, 2013 1:00 pm
Participate to learn about the unique aspects of prescribed burning in Midwest prairies and woodlands. This webinar will focus on unique aspects of prescribed burning in Midwest prairies and woodlands with special emphasis on some of the tools, models, and guidelines that have been developed for this region. John will also describe the growth of...
- Are there enough loggers to meet cellulosic demand? [View Now]
Oct 30, 2013 2:00 pm
North Carolina's logging force is part of a supply chain heavily influenced by overall economic downturns impacting housing and related wood construction materials. Ebbs and flows in finished paper and raw fluff demand worldwide are also influential. Nearly 30% of NC’s logging force was sidelined over a five year period. This trend began reversi...
- Roof Runoff Management: Planning and Design of Water Harvesting Systems [View Now]
Oct 30, 2013 2:00 pm
Participants will learn the principles of designing roof runoff control systems and alternative uses of collected roof runoff....
- Prescribed Burning Techniques and Lessons Learned [View Now]
Oct 23, 2013 1:00 pm
Participate to learn about several prescribed fire topics and lessons, stemming from Dale Wade’s 40+ years of experience. Dale will draw on his 40+ years of experience in prescribed fire and forest management research to discuss some of the practical prescribed fire lessons he has learned. Topics of discussion will range from ignition devices...
- Incorporating Birds into Tools for Measuring Ecosystem Services: A case study from Central California [View Now]
Oct 22, 2013 2:00 pm
Learn about a general framework for quantifying ecosystem services and providing payments to landowners for outcomes of restoration and specifically understand these concepts as they apply to quantifying riparian bird habitat....
- PINEMAP Professional Development Series: Expected Responses: Management Implications [View Now]
Oct 18, 2013 4:00 pm
Are you a professional forester or resource manager interested in learning more about forest soils and the crucial role they play in our woodlands? If so, you won’t want to miss the upcoming PINEMAP Forest Soils Short Course! This three part webinar series will kick off a monthly schedule of content aimed at you, the professional forester!...