Following is a list of all archived webinars available for viewing.
- Using Native Grasses for Livestock in the Eastern U.S. [View Now]
May 14, 2013 2:00 pm
This webinar will increase conservation planning knowledge and skills to use native grasses as part of a managed grazing system in the eastern U.S....
- Answers About Organic [View Now]
May 9, 2013 4:00 pm
This webinar will give participants an overview of the organic certification process, what it takes to transition, and the resources available to make the change....
- RFS2 VS. 2008 FARM BILL, AN INTRODUCTION TO POLICY DRIVING OR HINDERING THE BIOFUELS INDUSTRY AND UPDATES FROM CAPITOL HILL [View Now]
May 8, 2013 2:00 pm
This webinar (First in this series) will focus on the current and past policies which drive or hinder (as the case may be) the emerging biofuels industry. In this webinar, participants will explore the similarities and differences between the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS2) and the 2008 Farm Bill. This webinar will also provide updates from Capitol ...
- Outreach: What Social Factors "Sell" Landowners on Agroforestry Practices [View Now]
May 8, 2013 2:00 pm
This webinar will increase the awareness and understanding of agroforestry as a viable land management practice for small-scale landowners. ...
- Exploring the Environmental and Economic Opportunities and Challenges of Cover Crops [View Now]
May 7, 2013 2:00 pm
This webinar will enable participants to make informed decisions about cover crop adoption....
- GIS in the Field with LiDAR Data: The Kentucky Hydro Tool [View Now]
Apr 30, 2013 2:00 pm
This webinar presents an example of practical applications of GIS technology using LiDAR derivatives to support NRCS field staff and other related professionals....
- Cover Crop Mixes: Getting the Cover Crop You Want [View Now]
Apr 24, 2013 2:00 pm
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will have knowledge to begin experimenting with cover crops to address resource concerns on their land and/or discuss the concepts with producers....
- Greenhouse Gases, Environmental Market Concepts and the Emerging California Cap and Trade Program [View Now]
Apr 17, 2013 1:00 pm
This webinar will help participants understand emerging voluntary and regulatory carbon markets and how these markets can be leveraged to benefit NRCS land conservation activities....
- Climate Change Beliefs, Concerns, and Attitudes Toward Adaptation and Mitigation Among Farmers in the Midwestern United States [View Now]
Apr 9, 2013 2:00 pm
This webinar will increase participants’ awareness and understanding of Corn Belt farmers’ beliefs, concerns and attitudes toward climate change....
- NRCS Wetland Conservation Compliance [View Now]
Apr 8, 2013 11:00 am
Participate to understand the history and current role of USDA NRCS wetland conservation compliance....
- Integrating Livestock into a Cropping System for Sustainability and Soil Health [View Now]
Apr 2, 2013 3:00 pm
Participate in this webinar to learn how the Small Angus Ranch in Burleigh County, North Dakota, is working toward the goals stated in the webinar title....
- Soil Health Management Systems: Using NRCS Practice Standards [View Now]
Mar 27, 2013 2:00 pm
Participate in this webinar to learn about the four soil health planning principles and associated practices that help comprise a Soil Health Management System....
- Developing adaptive silvicultural strategies in the context of climate change [View Now]
Mar 27, 2013 12:00 pm
This webinar will discuss the adaptive silvicultural planning process to guide forest managers through the process of incorporating climate change into natural resource management. Case studies and a science-management partnership will be highlighted....
- How and What Social Media Is Being Used in Natural Resource Outreach [View Now]
Mar 13, 2013 2:00 pm
This presentation will focus on how social media tools, such as Twitter, Wikipedia, Facebook, LinkedIn, Flickr, and YouTube are currently employed by extension and education programs....
- Air Filtration and Scrubbing - What Can It Be Used For? [View Now]
Mar 13, 2013 1:00 pm
This webinar is intended for NRCS employees and partners who would like to learn more about the potential uses of NRCS Conservation Practice Standard 371 – Air Filtration and Scrubbing....